The Tuscarawas County Public Library System is seeking a motivated individual who will assume the role of Custodian at its Main location.
Part-time: 5 hours per week on Saturdays and for special events/programs
$10.50 per hour
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent; job experience and/or equivalent preferred; may be required to load, unload, lift, shelve, transfer and/or transport materials up to 50 lbs. including cargo and book drop; provide own transportation in fulfillment of job duties; ability to work evenings and weekends.
Job Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Support Services Manager, the Custodian will perform a variety of custodial duties. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Keeps the library clean and safe
- Performs general cleaning duties including but not limited to:
- Checking janitor’s room for special instructions
- Vacuuming all carpets including stairs
- Cleaning glass on doors and lower interior windows
- Emptying trash containers; taking recycling to garage
- Cleaning restrooms
- Mopping all tile floors
- Cleaning countertops
- Dusting high areas for cobwebs
- Cleaning refrigerator in staff lounge
- Assists in event setup and teardown
- Reports maintenance problems to the Maintenance Assistant and/or appropriate authority; alerts supervisor/manager to concerns
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and supports library goals and objectives
Interested persons should submit a completed job application along with a letter highlighting skills and experience in relation to this job posting to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Tuscarawas County Public Library System
121 Fair Avenue N.W.
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
No phone calls, please.