The Tuscarawas County Public Library System is seeking a motivated individual who will assume the role of Children’s Customer Service Assistant at the Main location.
Customer Service Assistant – Main Children’s
30 hours per week
$13.30/hour plus benefits
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent; job experience and/or equivalent preferred; may be required to load, unload, lift, shelve, transfer and/or transport materials up to 50 lbs including cargo and bookdrop; provide own transportation in fulfillment of job duties; be available evenings and some Saturdays.
Under the supervision of the Children’s Services Manager, the Customer Service Assistant will perform a variety of library procedures; provide high-quality customer service, programs, and materials to Library clients; and promotes Library service to all customers. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides quality circulation, reference, and reader’s advisory service to customers
- May plan, prepare, present, and/or assist with library programs
- Provides new customers with information about the Library; promotes Library information, services, and programs
- Provides Mobile Services Support
- May prepare and coordinate customer collections
- Interprets customers’ needs and refers them appropriately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; listening and interpersonal skills; organizational skills; public speaking skills
- Computer knowledge including Internet searching, familiarity with Microsoft Word, e-mail skills, and file management
- Comfortable with Mobile Technology
- Tablets, E-readers, Laptop
- Digital downloads
Interested persons should submit a completed job application, along with a letter highlighting skills and experience in relation to this job posting to:
Human Resources Specialist
Tuscarawas County Public Library System
121 Fair Avenue NW
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
No phone calls, please.