The Tuscarawas County Public Library System seeks to inspire and encourage the community with its 2018 New Year’s resolutions as it hosts a New Year, New You series with programs spanning from January through March at its five locations.
“We are looking forward to helping community members achieve their New Year’s resolutions,” said Director Michelle McMorrow Ramsell. “In addition to the traditional resources, like books and DVDs, you can find at the library, our five library locations have planned programs related to organization and healthy lifestyles, as well as programs to learn a new skill.”
- Learn the benefits of using ancient grains in your diet from Chris Kendle of the OSU Extension Office at the Sugarcreek Branch on January 9th at 6:30PM
- Join Chevelle Barger at the Strasburg Branch to discuss a Trim Healthy Lifestyle on January 18th at 5:30PM
- Home organization experts from Goodwill Industries will teach attendees how to de-clutter their home and make it last at the Main Library on January 25th at 6:30PM
- Create a book tote while learning simple sewing skills using the library’s sewing machines at the Main Library on January 27th at 2:00PM
- New technology will be on hand at our Tuscarawas Branch for individuals to come play with and learn what is up-and-coming in tech on February 13th at 6:00PM
- Chris Kendle of the OSU Extension Office will show attendees at the Bolivar Branch how to organize their home and life on March 15th at 6:00PM
- Optimize your strength, endurance and flexibility after the long winter with Lydia Dennison, DPT, Cert. MDT of Mercy Health Center at the Main Library on March 20th at 6:30PM
“2018 rolls in a New Year, and, the county library is here to help us make it a new you too,” said Bolivar Branch Supervisor Jessica Conley. “We encourage patrons to step out of their comfort zone and receive professional guidance at a library program where they try something new or seek to improve themselves.”
Space is limited and registration is required for the New Year, New You programs. Interested parties can register online or by calling any County library location: Main Library 330-364-4474, Bolivar 330-874-2720, Strasburg 330-878-5711, Sugarcreek 330-852-2813k, and Tuscarawas 740-922-2748.