The Tuscarawas County Public Library System will partner with Chris Kendle from the OSU Extension office this fall to warm up your belly and your kitchen.
“Our food programs are always very popular with our customers,” said the Strasburg Branch Supervisor Emily Crilley. “The library system will host a wide variety of cooking programs with Chris this fall, and we really think there will be something for everyone.”
Crilley also noted that in addition to different cooking programs, the Main Library will be hosting a three-part series on gluten-free eating.
“This series will be really helpful for anyone that has been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance or allergy, or have a family member that is gluten-free that you will be cooking for this holiday season,” said Crilley.
Upcoming programs from Kendle include:
- Great Ways to Go Gluten-Free Series: October 1st, 15th, and 29th at 6 p.m. at the Main Library (121 Fair Ave NW)
- Instant Pot Cooking: October 9th at 6 p.m. at the Strasburg Branch (356 5th Street SW)
- How to: Air Fryer Basics: October 30th at 6 p.m. at the Tuscarawas Branch (209 South Main Street)
- Healthy Holiday Appetizers: November 27th at 5 p.m. at the Bolivar Branch (455 West Water Street)
- Christmas Morning Muffins: November 29th at 5 p.m. at the Bolivar Branch AND December 4th at 6 p.m. at the Sugarcreek Branch (120 South Broadway)
“We love hosting a wide range of cooking programs,” said Public Relations Associate Megan Kovalaske Grimm. “In recent years there have been so many new kitchen gadgets that have become popular, like Instant Pots and Air Fryers, that it’s sometimes hard to keep up.”
Grimm said these programs along with the library’s cookbook collection help people who may want to try something new in the kitchen.
For more information or to register, visit the library system’s online calendar or call your nearest TCPL location: Bolivar 330-874-2720, Main Library 330-364-4474 ext. 101, Strasburg 330-878-5711, Sugarcreek 330-852-2813 or Tuscarawas 740-922-2748.