The Friends of the Library is an organization devoted to the support of the Tuscarawas County Public Library System.
Each of our locations has an active group of Friends who support and promote its library, as well as the entire library system. The groups offer their services by providing funding for programs and those physical needs of our libraries that do not fit into the library system’s general operating budget.
Friends members volunteer their time at library events by serving refreshments or taking an active role in the program. Friends members also actively promote the library within the community by participating in community events and fundraising efforts. The Friends lobby for state budget support of libraries.
Some of the ways our Friends groups have helped us lately include:
- Installation of a ramp railing in garage
- Refreshments for programs
- Sponsorship of guest speakers
- Sponsorship of summer reading prizes
- Furniture purchases
- Fundraising efforts including Dining to Donate and Magical Night of Giving
- Volunteer assistance at our libraries
If you love your library, consider joining its Friends group. New members are always welcome.
Inquire at your library about how you can become a Friend of the Library!