The Tuscarawas County Public Library System is seeking a motivated individual who will assume the role of part-time Maintenance Assistant for the library system.
Position: Maintenance Assistant
Status: Part-Time: 25 hours per week
Salary: $13.30 per hour plus benefits
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Ohio Driver’s License in good standing.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used to perform routine building maintenance tasks.
Required Skills: Experience in general building maintenance, painting, light electrical, and plumbing. Ability to operate mechanical equipment.
Duties Include: Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Packs, unpacks, and moves supplies and materials throughout the system
- Performs snow removal or outdoor maintenance activities as needed
- Performs minor electrical repairs, replaces switches & outlets, ballasts, and interior/exterior lights
- Performs minor plumbing repairs and replacements: washers, faucets, disposals, and toilets
- Moves or assembles furniture and shelving
- Prepares and/or paints interior/exterior building surfaces
- Keeps library vehicle fueled, clean, and in good working condition
- Drives delivery vehicle as needed
- Ability to load, unload, lift, shelve, transfer, and/or transport materials up to 75 lbs. including cargo and book drop; occasional work with materials weighing more than 75 lbs. may be required
- Ability to bend, stoop, and climb ladders and use a wide variety of hand and power tools
Interested persons should submit a completed job application, cover letter highlighting skills and experience related to this position, current resume, and 3 letters of recommendations to:
Human Resources Specialist
Tuscarawas County Public Library System
121 Fair Avenue NW
New Philadelphia, OH 44663