The Tuscarawas County Public Library System is seeking a motivated individual who will assume the role of Substitute Customer Service Assistant. The candidate for this position must be willing to work at any of the library’s 5 locations.
Position: Substitute Customer Service Assistant
Status: Hours vary depending on need
Salary:$11.40 per hour
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent; job experience and/or equivalent preferred; may be required to load, unload, lift, shelve, transfer and/or transport materials up to 50 lbs including cargo and bookdrop; provide own transportation in fulfillment of job duties; be available evenings and weekends.
Job Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Substitute Customer Service Assistant performs a variety of library procedures, including:
- Provides quality circulation, reference, and reader’s advisory service to customers
- Assists customers with the use of technology and electronic resources and devices
- Provides new customers with information about the library; promotes library information, services, and programs
- May assist with library programs
- Addresses customer concerns and complaints; refers them to supervisor/manager when appropriate
- Maintains the orderliness and organization of the collection
- May provide Mobile Services support
- May assist with cargo related duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Interested persons should submit a completed job application along with a letter highlighting skills and experience in relation to this job posting to:
Human Resources Specialist
Tuscarawas County Public Library System
121 Fair Avenue N.W.
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
No phone calls, please.