The Main Library of the Tuscarawas County Public Library System is your one-stop for passport and photo service needs. Schedule an appointment Monday-Thursday from 10:30 AM-5:30 PM, Friday from 10:30 AM-4:00 PM, or Saturdays 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM by calling 330-364-4474 ext. 231. *Please note that if you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, you will have to reschedule.*

What do I need to bring to my appointment if I am applying for a new passport?

  1. Completed DS-11 form in black ink (DO NOT SIGN) or filled out and printed from the State Department website. Please print separate sheets, not back to back.
  2. Proof of US citizenship (certified copy of birth certificate). Originals will be returned.
  3. Original birth certificate.
  4. Photo ID (driver’s license or state ID)
  5. Photocopy front/back of ID (Photocopier available at library locations. Printing costs apply. Black and White (B/W) is 25¢ per copy/impression)
  6. Passport photo (Photo service is available from the library. See the pricing section below.)
  7. Check or money order for Application Fee, made out to the U.S. Department of State (separate checks for each family member). Checks may include personal, certified, cashier’s, traveler’s, Money Order, or Bank Draft.
  8. Cash, credit or check for Execution Fee and Photo Fee. The check should be made out to the Tuscarawas County Public Library.

Passport Fee:

  • Adult Passport Book: $130
  • Adult Passport Card: $30
  • Minor Passport Book: $100 (age 15 and under)
  • Minor Passport Card: $15
  • Expedited Fee: $60 (applicants will receive their passports in about 5-7 weeks, versus the normal time of 8-11 weeks. An additional expedited postal fee will apply as well.)
  • Overnight Delivery: $19.53

*Passport fees are paid to the U.S. Department of State and must be a check (personal, certified, cashier's, traveler's), Money Order, Bank Draft

Additional Services:

  • Passport Photos: $12
  • Execution Fee: $35.00
  • Expedited Postal Fee: $30.35

*These may be paid by cash, credit card, or check to the Tuscarawas County Public Library

How do I know if I need a passport card or book?

  • Card: Car/Boat Travel to Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, and Bermuda
  • Book: All Travel (Air)

How do I get a passport for my child?

  • For all children under age 16: The child and both parents must be present during the application process. Parents will need to provide proof of relationship and IDs.
  • For all children age 16 to 17: Child must be present. If the child has a photo ID, the parent is not required to be present. If the parent is not present, it is recommended that the parent indicate consent by being listed as an emergency contact or providing a check for payment. The fee is the same as an adult.

How do I renew my passport?

  • Adults: To renew an adult passport, you can renew by mail. Fill out form DS-82 on the State Department Website. You will need to mail in the form and your old passport.
  • Minors: To renew a passport for a minor under age 16, please call to schedule an appointment. Minors under 16 must appear in person with parents and must submit a previous passport and birth certificate. 

*If you need to update your photo, the library offers a photo service. (see pricing)