- Loud talking, profane language, fighting, and harassing behavior toward Library Customers or staff is not permitted in the library.
- Brandishing knives, firearms, or other weapons to threaten or intimidate others or using weapons in any manner deemed unsafe or which could reasonably result in personal injury or property damage is prohibited.
- Individuals using computers in the library may not send, receive, or display text or graphics that may reasonably be construed as obscene.
- There is to be no smoking, vaping, or use of snuff or chewing tobacco on library property.
- Consuming food is limited to food provided in library programs, limited to designated times and designated spaces. Non-alcoholic beverages, in a covered and spill-resistant container, may be consumed away from computers and other electronic equipment.
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are prohibited on library property.
- No one is to run inside the library.
- There is to be no congregating in entry areas, emergency exits, on the stairs, or around the restrooms.
- No loitering or sleeping on Library property.
- No one except authorized staff may play audible music or other recordings in the library.
- Writing on, cutting, or in any way defacing furniture, books, or any other library property is prohibited. Those responsible for such defacement will have to pay for needed repairs or replacement.
- No one except authorized staff is to enter closed-off areas at any time. This includes areas under construction.
- No taking photographs and/or recording videos of Library customers or staff without their permission and the permission of the Library.
- Individuals must dress in a manner appropriate to a public place. This includes, but is not limited to, wearing a shirt and shoes.
Individuals violating this code of conduct will be required to leave the library.
Staff may ask police officers to assist them if the situation warrants.
Repeated violations of this code of conduct may result in loss of library privileges.
Board revised 10-16-2023